Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Badminton doesnt help the uncoordinated


The Dublin's Mini Marathon is nearing (June 1st) and Im begining to realise that I will possibly die if I dont try to get at least a little bit fit for it!
It's a 10 kilometer walk which I should be able to manage. Although Im being haunted by thoughts of emergency calls being made and strechers being wheeled out for me while I hyperventilate at the side of the road!!
So in preperation and also somewhat fear, I started Badminton this evening.

I played badminton when I was in school and loved it. I was quite good at it too and stupidly thought it would be like riding a bike, I would pick up the racket and get right back in to the swing of it (pardon the pun)

How wrong I was! I put the BAD in Badminton!! Not only was my uncoordination much more than mildy embarrassing at times, but there were 2 guys using the court down from us... Nobody likes to be uncoordinated on front of guys!
We scrambled around the court for an hour, hitting the net and ourselves in our red faces more than the shuttlecock itself!

My body is hurting already but I am determind not to give up so we'll be returning during the week for another dose of humiliation!

Fingers crossed I'm a little better next time! :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment